Why our department is right for you
- Our starting salary is $77,794.
- Medical insurance is provided for the employee at no cost.
- Retirement pension is included.
- Promotional examinations are offered every 3 years for the ranks of sergeant, lieutenant, and captain.
- There is opportunity to become part of special task force teams including investigations, narcotics, etc.
How do I begin my career?
Whether you’re someone with no experience, or you’re a law enforcement veteran, the process is simple.
What you need to participate
Age info – Candidates must be at least 21 years of age, but less than 35 years of age
at the time of appointment.
- Individuals who served in the United States Armed Forces may exceed the maximum
age requirements by 1 year for each year of active duty service, up to 10 years.
- There is no age limit for individuals who are, or were previously a certified police
Education info – Candidates must have the following:
- An Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice, or
- At least 64 credit hours towards a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject
The above education requirements may be waived under the following circumstances:
- Individuals with at least 2 years of active duty service in the United States Armed Forces
- Individuals with at least 2 years of experience as a full-time police officer
You and your family’s wellness matter to us!
We recognize a career in law enforcement comes with a unique set of challenges and stressors. We strive to ensure our officers receive the support they need to have a successful and enjoyable career:
- Peer Recognition Program
- On-site exercise facilities
- Complementary Individual YMCA membership
- Wellness Initiatives
- Peer Support Program
- Spouses Support Group
“No one is compelled to chose the profession of Police Officer; but having chosen it, everyone is obligated to perform its duties and live up to the high standards of its requirements.”
“The honest enforcement of the law is vital to the ultimate well-being of our great republic.”